CALL FOR PAPER AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF BKS PTN WILAYAH BARAT 2020
“Building New Internationalization Norm for Higher Education in Indonesia”
15 Desember 2020
The era of globalization has recently been anticipated by Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) or universities across the globe including those in Indonesia. It brings a rapid development in the way people are interconnected forcing the institutions to transform themselves to manage the situation. One of its arising implications is the strong competition between world institutions as presented in, for example, the contests of global rankings and league tables. It has triggered the needs for reforms in the HEIs’ systems and governance to deal with the contests. Apparently, internationalization has become the favored option to maintain their opportunities to compete. In Indonesia, one of the ways to manifest it is by building a visionary plan to be “world-class” universities. It generates debates between scholars and academics questioning whether the universities are ready for this choice. Some of them agree with the idea while others are quite doubtful about it. Accordingly, this essay aims to present a discussion on how internationalization is conceptualized by HEIs in Indonesia and a critical evaluation on their “overwhelming” aspiration to be universities with “world-class” level. It will also briefly consider the potential alternative ways to deal with the globalized world.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has come with a lot of uncertainties for the higher education sector and for internationalisation and mobility.More than 1.5 billion students and youth across the planet are affected by school and university closures due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Higher Education in Indonesia needs to overcome this issue and find recommendations and solutions for higher education institutions to carry on with activities during this socio-economic, cultural and health crisis and as well on how to address the future.
Abstract Template: https://bit.ly/abstracttemplateSEMIRATABKSPTN2020
SCOPES OF CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper of participants cover the area of Economics, Management and Accounting
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE SESSIONS
- International Conference of BKS PTN Wilayah Barat 2020, Call for Papers and International Conference Sessions will be officially opened on October 15 2020 at 08.30 am WIB Indonesia Time by Dean of Faculty of Economics and Business Universitas Tanjungpura, DR. Barkah, SE. M.Si who will also deliver opening remarks to be followed by the plenary sessions. The general theme for the plenary sessions is “Building New Internationalization Norm for Higher Education in Indonesia””. The following speakers are scheduled to deliver their insights around the theme:
- Prof. Dr. Aulanni’am, DVM., University of Brawijaya, Indonesia
- Prof. Susela Devi K. Suppiah., Sunway University, Malaysia
- Prof. Hsing-Hao Wu., National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Dr. Anbulagan., Australian National University, Australia
- The plenary sessions will be moderated by Dr. Helma Malini, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Tanjungpura
|01 November-26 November, 2020
|Online Abstract Submission
|November 30, 2020
|Final Decision on Submision
|December 10, 2020
|Due Date for Registration to the International Conference & Plenary Session
|December 15, 2020
|International Conference Plenary Sessions, followed by Parallel Sessions
- Authors are invited to submit their abstract of research papers (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) to the following link : ……………………………………..
- All invited papers will be presented at the webinar parallel sessions and each paper will have an assigned discussant. Each presenter will have 15-20 minutes to present his/her paper; a discussant will discuss the paper for 5-7 minutes; and 3 minutes will be allotted for additional questions & answers.
- After regular double blind peer-review process, the invited papers will be considered for publication in the Jurnal of Ekonomi, Bisnis dan Kewirausahaan (JEBIK) Special Issues, or proceedings with ISBN number
Free Registration Fee
Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Tanjungpura
CALL FOR PAPER AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF BKS PTN WILAYAH BARAT 2020 Organizing Committee
Jalan Profesor Dokter Haji Hadari Nawawi, Kecamatan Pontianak Tenggara, Bansir Laut, Kec. Pontianak Tenggara, Kota Pontianak, Kalimantan Barat 78115
Contact Person :
Ana Fitriana ( )
Djunita Permata Indah (082250806024)